- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink, red gouache, and brown and gray wash over graphite on off-white laid paper
- 44 × 56 cm (17 5/16 × 22 1/16 in.)
mount: 45.9 × 57.7 cm (18 1/16 × 22 11/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: lower left, brown ink: William Blake
- inscription: verso of mount, lower left, graphite: 116
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
William W. Robinson, Classicism-Romanticism-Realism: German Drawings from Mengs to Menzel in the Harvard University Art Museums, brochure, Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, MA, 1998), checklist no. 2, repr.
- Exhibition History
The Age of Romanticism, Busch-Reisinger Museum, Cambridge, 03/15/1986 - 05/18/1986
Portrait, Prospect and Poetry: British Drawings from the Grenville L. Winthrop Bequest, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, 09/11/1993 - 11/07/1993
Classicism-Romanticism-Realism: German Drawings from Mengs to Menzel in the Harvard University Art Museums, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, 04/04/1998 - 06/28/1998
Re-View: S426A (Large Niche) #1: The Past and the Present: British Art of the 19th Century, Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 09/03/2010 - 11/20/2010
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org