- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Graphite, incised, on off-white wove paper
- 15.2 x 21 cm (6 x 8 1/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: l.r., graphite: MM 62
- Grenville L. Winthrop, New York, New York, 1927, through Martin Birnbaum, bequest; to Fogg Art Museum, 1943.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
David Croal Thomson, E. D. Fridlander, and F. Lessore, Matthew Maris. An Illustrated Souvenir, exh. cat., The French Gallery (Wallis & Son) (London, 1918), no. 46, repr.
E. D. Fridlander, Matthew Maris, Philip Lee Warner (London and Boston, 1921), repr. p. 137
Richard Bionda, Matthijs Maris, 2017, p. 99, repr. as 19A
- Exhibition History
Paintings, Drawings, and Etchings, by Matthew Maris, The French Gallery (Wallis & Son), London, 11/01/1917 - 01/01/1918
32Q: 2700 Impressionism, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 07/14/2022 - 11/09/2022
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org