- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink, watercolor, graphite, and blue crayon on off-white wove paper
- actual: 42.5 x 32.5 cm (16 3/4 x 12 13/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: graphite, l.r.: Ferdinand Hodler
- watermark: [VID]ALON LES ANNONAY A LAVIS ANC MANUF CANSON & MONTGOLFIER
- inscription: lower left, graphite, in artist's hand: Le coup de grace
- Grenville L. Winthrop, New York, New York, acquired through Martin Birnbaum, bequest; to Fogg Art Museum, 1943.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Exhibition History
19th-Century German Drawings and Watercolors, Busch-Reisinger Museum, Cambridge, 07/01/1981 - 08/31/1981
From the Realists to the Expressionists: Works on Paper by Central European Artists from 1870 to 1918, Busch-Reisinger Museum, Cambridge, 03/14/1983 - 04/29/1983
19th-Century Drawings from the Permanent Collection, Busch-Reisinger Museum, Cambridge, 09/01/1983 - 10/09/1983
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com