- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Red and white chalk on cream antique laid paper
- sight: 44.7 x 30.7 cm (17 5/8 x 12 1/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: Signed, lower right, red chalk: Renoir
- watermark: J. A. in double oval
- [Scott & Fowles, New York, January 5, 1926, sold;] to Grenville L. Winthrop, bequest; to Fogg Art Museum, 1943.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
John Rewald, Renoir Drawings (New York, NY, 1946), p. 20, pl. 47
Agnes Mongan, Great Drawings of All Time, ed. Ira Moskowitz and Victoria Thorson, Shorewood Publishers Inc. (New York, 1962), cat. no. 805, n.p., repr.
Debora Mayer, "Technical Examination of Red Chalk" (thesis (certificate in conservation), Straus Center for Conservation and Technical Studies, 1982), Unpublished, pp. 1-33 passim
Guy-Patrice Dauberville and Michel Dauberville, Renoir 1858-1881, Editions Bernheim-Jeune (Paris, 2007), vol. 2, no. 1581, repr.
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com