- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink and gray wash and incidental white opaque watercolor on off-white antique laid paper, inlaid on a mount
- 25.8 x 33.7 cm (10 3/16 x 13 1/4 in.)
mount: 30.1 x 38.4 cm (11 7/8 x 15 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: mount, lower right, graphite: D24231 (3) [the 3 erased]
- watermark: gothic P
- [Sotheby's, London, 17 February 1960, part of lot 49, (as Frankenthal School)], sold; to [P. & D. Colnaghi & Co. Ltd., London], sold; to possibly Fritz B. Talbot, Brookline, Massachusetts, 25 April 1960, gift; to Fogg Art Museum, 1960.
NOTE: Information provided by Steven Ongpin from Colnaghi stock books, 12/20/01.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Dr. Fritz B. Talbot
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Subjects and Contexts
Dutch, Flemish, & Netherlandish Drawings
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org