- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Blue, red, yellow, and black crayon on cream wove paper
- 36.8 x 29.6 cm (14 1/2 x 11 5/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: l. l.: Picasso
- [Pierre Matisse Gallery, New York, New York], by 1932; to M. Gutmann, 1936. Maurice Wertheim, by 1937, bequest; to Fogg Art Museum, 1951.
NOTE: Provenance derived from "Degas to Matisse: The Maurice Wertheim Collection," John O'Brian; Harry N. Abrams, New York, 1988.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest from the Collection of Maurice Wertheim, Class of 1906
- © Estate of Pablo Picasso / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- THIS WORK HAS SIGNIFICANT LOAN RESTRICTIONS BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Christian Zervos, Pablo Picasso, Editions Cahiers d'art (Paris, 1932-1978), vol. 1, no. 239, pl. 106
The Maurice Wertheim Collection: Manet to Picasso, exh. cat., The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (Houston, TX, 1962), p. 60, pl. 27
The Maurice Wertheim Collection, brochure, Fogg Art Museum (Cambridge, MA, 1970), checklist no. 29
Gary Tinterow, Master Drawings by Picasso, exh. cat., Fogg Art Museum (Cambridge, Mass., 1981), p. 250
John O'Brian, Degas to Matisse: the Maurice Wertheim Collection, Harry N. Abrams, Inc. and Fogg Art Museum (New York, NY and Cambridge, MA, 1988), no. 26, pp. 112-113, repr. p. 113
Elizabeth M. Rudy, "Researching the Wertheim Collection at the Harvard Art Museums", Collections: A Journal for Museum and Archives Professionals (Summer 2014), Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 301-6
- Exhibition History
The Maurice Wertheim Collection: Manet to Picasso, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Houston, 06/13/1962 - 09/02/1962
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org