- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Black crayon on off-white laid paper
- actual: 18.9 x 15.1 cm (7 7/16 x 5 15/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: initialed at left: G.C.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Meta and Paul J. Sachs
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Agnes Mongan and Paul J. Sachs, Drawings in the Fogg Museum of Art, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, 1940), no. 653, fig. 331
Konrad Oberhuber, European Master Drawings of Six Centuries from the Collection of the Fogg Art Museum, exh. cat., National Museum of Western Art (Tokyo, 1979), cat. no. 88, n.p., pl. 88, repr.
Erich Franz and Bernd Growe, Georges Seurat: Zeichnungen, exh. cat., Prestel Verlag (Munich, 1983), p. 29, fig. 16
Niklaus Manuel Güdel, Anne-Sophie Poirot, and Philippe Clerc, Gustave Courbet: Les dessins, Les cahiers dessinés (Paris, 2019), no. 18, repr. p. 109, pp. 37, 106, 349, 353, 359
- Exhibition History
European Master Drawings of Six Centuries from the Collection of the Fogg Art Museum, National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo, 11/03/1979 - 12/16/1979
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org