- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink, brown wash and white opaque watercolor on light tan antique laid paper, framing line in brown ink; verso: brown ink on light tan antique laid paper
- 7 x 6.3 cm (2 3/4 x 2 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- watermark: none
- [Frederik Muller & Co., Amsterdam, 16 October 1928, lot 66, from Collection Six], sold; to Alex Cantacuzène, The Hague. [Coe Kerr Gallery, Inc., New York], sold; to Fogg Art Museum, 1970.
NOTE: Valentiner, 1934, refers to Jan Six as one of the owners.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Anonymous Gift
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Seymour Slive, "Rembrandt at Harvard", Apollo (June 1978), vol. 107, no. 196, pp. 452-463, p. 455, repr. p. 457, fig. 9 (recto) and fig. 10 (verso)
The Drawings of Rembrandt: a revision of Otto Benesch's catalogue raisonné, website, 2012, "Not in Benesch" and under Benesch 163, repr. under "attr. to Rembrandt and Copies"
- Exhibition History
Rembrandt: A Selection of his Works, Busch-Reisinger Museum, Cambridge, 10/18/1984 - 12/11/1984
- Subjects and Contexts
Dutch, Flemish, & Netherlandish Drawings
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com