- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink and brown wash over black chalk on cream antique laid paper, partial framing line in brown ink, laid down on mount
- 20.9 x 28.2 cm (8 1/4 x 11 3/16 in.)
mount: 24 x 31.7 cm (9 1/2 x 12 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: lower right, brown ink, pen: Barthelmi Spranger.
- inscription: mount, lower center, brown ink, French: Diane et acteon.
- inscription: verso of mount, upper center, brown ink, pen, French: atheon Transformé en Cerf / a la plume Lavé De Bistre.
- watermark: fragment of a crescent moon
- inscription: mount, verso, lower right, graphite: 10
- Alphonse Kann. American Art Association; to Meta and Paul J. Sachs, Cambridge, Massachusetts (L. 2091, without his mark), possibly 1927, bequest; to Fogg Art Museum, 1965.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Meta and Paul J. Sachs
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Agnes Mongan and Paul J. Sachs, Drawings in the Fogg Museum of Art, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, 1940), no. 367
An Exhibition of Dutch and Flemish Drawings and Watercolors, checklist, Unpublished (1954), cat. no. 13, p. 3 (as attributed to Hans Speckaert)
- Exhibition History
An Exhibition of Dutch and Flemish Drawings and Watercolors, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 04/01/1954 - 04/30/1954
- Subjects and Contexts
Dutch, Flemish, & Netherlandish Drawings
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com