- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Claude Emile Schuffenecker, French (Fresne-Saint-Mamès, Franche-Comté, France 1851 - 1934 Paris, Île-de-France, France)
- Portrait of a Man Writing
- Work Type
- 19th-20th century
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Colored chalk on cream modern laid paper
- 31.6 x 48.2 cm (12 7/16 x 19 in.)
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gifts for Special Uses Fund
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Carol Phillips, Claude-Emile Schuffenecker and The School of Pont-Aven, exh. cat., University of Regina (Regina, Saskatchewan, 1977), p. 13, no. 4
Jill-Elyse Grossvogel, Claude-Emile Schuffenecker, exh. cat., State University of New York at Binghampton (Binghampton, NY, 1980), p. 57, fig. 20, repr.
René Porro, Claude-Emile Schuffenecker, 1851-1934, Art Conseil (Combeaufontaine, 1992), p. 144, cat. no. 122, repr.
Jill-Elyse Grossvogel, Claude-Emile Schuffenecker, Catalogue Raisonné, Alan Wofsy Fine Arts (San Francisco, 2000), p. 97, no. 265, repr.
- Exhibition History
This record was created from historic documentation and may not have been reviewed by a curator; it may be inaccurate or incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org