- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Watercolor and graphite on off-white antique laid paper
- 24.9 x 31.7 cm (9 13/16 x 12 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: lower left, black ink: H. F. Wiertz
- [H. Wallach, New York, NY], sold; to Philip and Frances L. Hofer, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1955 (L. 2087a, without his mark); bequest of Frances L. Hofer, 1979.91.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Frances L. Hofer
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Eunice Williams, Master Drawings and Watercolors: The Hofer Collection, exh. cat., ed. Konrad Oberhuber and William W. Robinson, Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, 1984), cat. no. 22, pp. 32-33, repr. p. 98
Ewa Lajer-Burcharth and Elizabeth M. Rudy, ed., Drawing: The Invention of a Modern Medium, exh. cat., Harvard Art Museums (Cambridge, 2017), pp. 274-276, 288, repr. p. 275 as fig. 2
Anne Lafont, L'expérience des formes: autour de l'exposition 'Drawing: the Invention of a Modern Medium', Journal18 (May 2017), [e-journal], http://www.journal18.org/1749, accessed May 5, 2017, repr.
- Exhibition History
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com