- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Transparent watercolor and gray wash over graphite on white antique laid paper, framing line in black ink
- 19.5 x 15.8 cm (7 11/16 x 6 1/4 in.)
mount: 28.2 x 24.4 cm (11 1/8 x 9 5/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: verso, lower left, gray ink: A: Andriessen
- watermark: unidentified fragment
- inscription: verso, lower right, graphite: RED LINE / 11 x 16
- [Paul Brandt, Amsterdam, 6 November 1974, lot 544], sold. [Christina van Marle, London, 20 November 1980], sold; to Harvard University Art Museums, 1980.77.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Dorothy B. and Joseph Edinburg Fund for Drawings and the William C. Heilman Fund
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Exhibition of Old Master Drawings, auct. cat., Anthony Dallas and Sons (London, England, 1980), cat. no. 35, n.p., repr.
- Exhibition History
Exhibition of Old Master Drawings, Christina van Marle, 06/30/1980 - 07/12/1980
- Subjects and Contexts
Dutch, Flemish, & Netherlandish Drawings
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com