- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Graphite on off-white wove paper
- 43.6 x 26.4 cm (17 3/16 x 10 3/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: l.r., graphite: modigliani
- [Buchholz Gallery, Curt Valentin, New York, New York], sold; to Lois Orswell, Pomfret Center, Connecticut, 1952, gift; to Harvard University Art Museums, 1992.
NOTE: Although the catalogue "Lois Orswell, David Smith and Modern Art" lists the Bertha Schaefer Gallery in New York as the source for this drawing however a label in the curatorial file from the Buchholz Gallery indicates otherwise.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Lois Orswell
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Marjorie B. Cohn and Sarah Kianovsky, Lois Orswell, David Smith, and Modern Art, exh. cat., Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, MA, 2002), cat. no. 172, pp. 371, 375, 381
- Exhibition History
[Benefit exhibition for the Boston Arts Festival], Margaret Brown Gallery, Boston, 05/08/1956 - 05/29/1956
Lois Orswell, David Smith, and Modern Art, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, 09/21/2002 - 02/16/2003
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org