- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink and brown wash on cream paper
- 30.2 x 23 cm (11 7/8 x 9 1/16 in.)
- Purchased from Ets. Lucien Lefvre-Foinet, Paris.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Friends of the Fogg Art Museum Fund
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Heinrich Schwarz, "Franz Anton von Maulbertsch in American Museums", The Baltimore Museum of Art News (Baltimore, MD, Fall 1959), vol. XXIII, no. 1, pp. 9-15, repr. fig. 4
Thomas DaCosta Kaufmann, Central European Drawings, 1680-1800: a Selection from American Collections, exh. cat., Princeton University Art Museum (Princeton, NJ, 1989), pp. 19, 24, cat. no. 23 p. 84, repr.
- Exhibition History
The Age of Elegance: The Rococo and its Effect, Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore, 04/25/1959 - 06/14/1959
Central European Drawings 1680-1800: A Selection from American Collections, Princeton University Art Museum, Princeton, 10/21/1989 - 12/03/1989; University Art Museum, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, 01/10/1990 - 02/25/1990
This record was created from historic documentation and may not have been reviewed by a curator; it may be inaccurate or incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com