- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Red chalk on cream antique laid paper, framing lines in red chalk, laid down on cream antique laid paper with blue antique laid paper border adhered to face
- irregular: 19.3 x 19.3 cm (7 5/8 x 7 5/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- watermark: None visible–drawing laid down
- Robert Carfrae, Scotland, sold at Glendining & Co., London, 1990. Sale, November 28, 1990, no. 320. The drawing was acquired by Robert Carfrae (1820-1900) during the 19th century, and was consigned to auction ninety years after his death.
Cyril Humphris, London, purchased from Glendining & Co., 1990, sold at Sotheby's, New York, 1995. Sale Jan. 10, 1995, lot 64
Vermeer Associates Limited, Brampton, Ontario, purchased from Sotheby's, New York, 1995, sold to HUAM, 2000, 2000. long-term loan to HUAM, 1995-2000
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, The Kate, Maurice R. and Melvin R. Seiden Special Purchase Fund in honor of Hope and Julian Edison
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Armorial, the arms of the King and Dauphin, in ornate scroll design, and crowned above.
- Publication History
Daniel Fearon, "An Album of Drawings: Jeton and Medal Designs by Edme Bouchardon and Other Hands", The Medal (1991), no. 19, Autumn, no. 30, p. 37, reproduced in b/w
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org