- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Watercolor and black ink on parchment; verso: black ink
- 13.5 x 5.8 cm (5 5/16 x 2 5/16 in.)
- Eugene Rodrigues, Paris, sold; [Frederik Muller, Amsterdam, July 12-13, 1921, no. 231]. [The Lucerne Fine Art Co., Ltd., F. W. Steinmeyer, Lucerne,1935]; to Paul J. Sachs, Cambridge, 1935, gift; to Fogg Museum of Art, 1954.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Meta and Paul J. Sachs
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- Publication History
Dessins anciens, collection R..., de Paris, principalement des 'ecoles des Pays-Bas et de l'Allemagne, auct. cat., Frederik Muller & Cie. (Amsterdam, The Netherlands, July 12, 1921 - July 13, 1921), no. 231, pl. LXXVIII
Samuel Cauman, "Two Drawings of Bohemian Alphabet Figures", Bulletin of the Fogg Art Museum (November 1938), VIII, no. 1, pp. 4-10, pp. 4-10, fig. 1
Agnes Mongan, Memorial Exhibition: Works of Art from the Collection of Paul J. Sachs [1878-1965]: given and bequeathed to the Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, exh. cat., Harvard University (Cambridge, MA, 1965), no. 1, repr.
Jeffrey Hamburger, William P. Stoneman, Anne-Marie Eze, Lisa Fagin Davis, and Nancy Netzer, ed., Beyond Words: Illuminated Manuscripts in Boston Collections, exh. cat., McMullen Museum of Art (Boston, 2016), cat. no. 62, repr.
- Exhibition History
Memorial Exhibition: Works of Art from the Collection of Paul J. Sachs [1878-1965] Given and Bequeathed to the Fogg Art Museum Harvard University Cambridge, Massachusetts, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 11/15/1965 - 01/15/1966; Museum of Modern Art, New York, New York, 12/19/1966 - 02/26/1967
Beyond Words: Illuminated Manuscripts in Boston Collections, McMullen Museum of Art, Chestnut Hill, 09/12/2016 - 12/11/2016
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org