- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Black chalk counterproof on white wove paper
- actual: 19.3 x 40 cm (7 5/8 x 15 3/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: in black chalk at lower right (reversed): David
- inscription: inscribed by Leclère in graphite at lower left: David.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Mrs. Jacob M. Kaplan
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Architecture and the Achille Leclère-Ingres Sketchbook, Lucien Goldschmidt, Inc. (New York, 1964), no. 124 (67)
Agnes Mongan, David to Corot: French Drawings in the Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, MA, 1996), cat. no. 80, repr.
Louis-Antoine Prat, Le dessin français au XIXe siècle, Somogy Éditions d'Art (Paris, 2011), p. 314
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org