- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Etching and drypoint on white antique laid paper
- Etching and drypoint
- plate: 9.3 x 14.2 cm (3 11/16 x 5 9/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- collector's mark: verso, black stamp: Dr. / WA [linked] / Pr. [within a circular border; W. Ackermann (Lugt 791)]
- collector's mark: verso, purple stamp with graphite numbering: [Gray Collection accession stamp (Lugt 4836)] 3249
- inscription: verso, various graphite inscriptions: B. 113 / Ack 6 1/4 / 4503
- watermark: partial: Foolscap [not listed in Hinterding, who does, however, list, v. 2, p. 281, several impressions of this print with three different Foolscap watermarks.]
- W. Ackermann.
Francis Calley Gray, bequest to nephew, 1856.
William Gray, gift to Harvard University, 1857.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- New Hollstein 263, Bartsch 113, Hind 254, R. 113
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of William Gray from the collection of Francis Calley Gray
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Ivan Gaskell, Rembrandt and the Aesthetics of Technique, brochure, Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, MA, 2006), checklist
- Exhibition History
Rembrandt and the Aesthetics of Technique, Harvard University Art Museums, Busch-Reisinger Museum, 09/09/2006 - 12/10/2006
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org