- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Marcantonio Raimondi, Italian (Argini, Italy c. 1470 - c. 1527 Bologna, Italy ?)
After Raphael, Italian (Urbino, Italy 1483 - 1520 Rome, Italy)
- Adam and Eve
- Work Type
- 16th century
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Engraving, with added gray wash, on off-white antique laid paper
- sheet: 24.6 x 18.1 cm (9 11/16 x 7 1/8 in.)
- Sir Peter Lely.
Francis Calley Gray, bequest to nephew, 1856.
William Gray, gift to Harvard University, 1857.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Bartsch, vol XIV, no.1; Delaborde 1
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of William Gray from the collection of Francis Calley Gray
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Marjorie B. Cohn and Harvard University Art Museums/ Harvard University Press, Francis Calley Gray and Art Collecting for America (Cambridge, MA, 1986), p. 128, fig. 6
- Exhibition History
Fine Art for Harvard: The Gray Collection of Engravings, Fogg Art Museum, 09/02/1986 - 11/02/1986
32Q: 3620 University Study Gallery, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 11/16/2014 - 02/13/2015
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com