- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Wenceslaus Hollar, Bohemian (Prague 1607 - 1677 London)
- Still Life with a Group of Muffs, a Pair of Gloves, and Two Kerchiefs
- Other Titles
Series/Book Title: Muffs
Alternate Title: Five Muffs, Two Lace-Bordered Handkerchiefs, etc.
- Work Type
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Etching printed in black ink on white antique laid paper
- sheet: 10.8 × 20.4 cm (4 1/4 × 8 1/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: verso, various graphite inscriptions: P. 1957 / Ack. 412 [but without the Ackermann collection stamp (Lugt 791)]
- inscription: in plate, bottom center and right: WH[linked]ollar fecit Aqua forti. 1647. Antuerpiæ,
- collector's mark: verso, purple stamp with graphite numbering within: [Gray Collection accession stamp (Lugt 4836)] 1928
- Francis Calley Gray, bequest to nephew, 1856.
William Gray, gift to Harvard University, 1857.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- New Hollstein 799, Pennington 1951
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of William Gray from the collection of Francis Calley Gray
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Marjorie B. Cohn and Harvard University Art Museums/ Harvard University Press, Francis Calley Gray and Art Collecting for America (Cambridge, MA, 1986), p. 223, fig. 17
- Exhibition History
Fine Art for Harvard: The Gray Collection of Engravings, Fogg Art Museum, 09/02/1986 - 11/02/1986
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com