- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Etching and engraving
- sheet: 35.4 x 40 cm (13 15/16 x 15 3/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: verso, lower center, graphite: A--A
inscription: verso, lower right, graphite: 1st state
£2. 2. 0
- Francis Calley Gray, bequest to nephew, 1856.
William Gray, gift to Harvard University, 1857.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- P. 145, BM Sat. 2309, P.-B. 15
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of William Gray from the collection of Francis Calley Gray
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Robert Darnton, The Devil in the Holy Water or the Art of Slander from Louis XIV to Napoleon, University of Pennsylvania Press (Philadelphia, 2010), repr. in b/w p. 283 as fig. 33
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org