- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Claude Mellan, French (Abbeville 1598 - 1688 Paris)
- Title Page of the New Testament
- Other Titles
- Original Language Title: Titre-front. pour: [Bible. Nouveau Testament en grec.]
- Work Type
- 17th century
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Inscriptions and Marks
inscription: JWR[transcribed from original mount]: 2nd proof before the inscription on the tablet but
with M's name. First proof is before inscript.
within wreath and M's name at side of tablet. Not
- inscription: JWR[transcribed from original mount]: 2nd proof before the inscription on the tablet but
- John Witt Randall, bequest to his sister.
Belinda Lull Randall, sister of John Witt Randall, gift to Harvard University, 1892.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Préaud 295; de Montaiglon 307
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Belinda L. Randall from the collection of John Witt Randall
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
This record was created from historic documentation and may not have been reviewed by a curator; it may be inaccurate or incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org