- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 73.2 x 91.2 cm (28 13/16 x 35 7/8 in.)
- To the artist's wife Martha Dana Allston at his death, 1843; to the Washington Allston Trust, 1862.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Loan from The Washington Allston Trust
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Thomas W. Leavitt, "The Disposition of the Washington Allston Trust", The Art Quarterly, Detroit Institute of Arts (Detroit, Winter 1956), vol. XIX, no. 4, pp. 415-417, p. 417
Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr. and Melissa Renn, American Paintings at Harvard, Volume One: Paintings, Watercolors, and Pastels by Artists Born before 1826, Yale University Press (U.S.) and Harvard Art Museums (Cambridge and New Haven, 2014), p. 68, cat. 22, ill.
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com