- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- 16.83 x 13.65 x 9.84 cm (6 5/8 x 5 3/8 x 3 7/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- hallmark: Struck under base: Hibernia, crowned harp and with maker's mark
- C. R. Simpkins, Cambridge, MA, Gift to Fogg Art Museum, 1933. "A Tribute to the Class of 1892"
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of C. R. Simpkins, "A Tribute to the Class of 1892."
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Straight-sided fluted oval, the sides and hinged domed cover with bands of bright-cut and wrigglework decoration, with pineapple finial; the front with escutcheon-shaped cartouche enclosing a crest of an eagle's head and the initials CB
- Publication History
Christopher Hartop, British and Irish Silver in the Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Art Museums/Yale University Press (Cambridge, Mass. and New Haven, 2007), pp. 235-236, cat. no. 273, repr. p. 235, details repr. p. 235.
- Exhibition History
32Q: 3620 University Study Gallery, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 08/25/2015 - 01/03/2016
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com