- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 69.9 x 82.9 cm (27 1/2 x 32 5/8 in.)
framed: 81.3 x 94 x 7.6 cm (32 x 37 x 3 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: l.r.: Childe Hassam; monogram on back, 1914
- inscription: lower right: Childe Hassam Cos Cob
- inscription: on back: monogram CH in circle, Cos Cob 1914
- Bequest of the artist to American Academy of Arts and Letters, 1935; sold to Archer Huntington, 1936; his gift to Fogg Art Museum, 1936.
Huntington never had this work in his collection--he had it sent directly from the American Academy to the Fogg.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Archer M. Huntington, Esq.
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Catalogue Deluxe, exh. cat., Department of Fine Arts of the Panama-Pacific International Exposition... (San Francisco, CA, 1915), no. 3709, listed opposite p. 32
Adeline Adams, Childe Hassam, American Academy of Arts and Letters (New York, NY, 1938), reproduced in b/w opposite p. 84
- Exhibition History
Exhibition of Pictures by Childe Hassam, Montross Gallery, New York, 11/12/1914 - 11/28/1914
Panama-Pacific International Exposition, [Unknown venue, San Francisco], San Francisco, 01/01/1915 - 12/31/1915
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org