- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 40.64 x 30.48 cm (16 x 12 in.)
framed: 52.7 x 42.6 x 5.7 cm (20 3/4 x 16 3/4 x 2 1/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: l.l.: monogram AH
- Henry, Esq. Cowan, Sold Leicester Galleries, 1937; Grenville Lindall Winthrop, Purchased from Leicester Galleries through Marti, 1937; Bequest to Fogg Art Museum, 1943.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Arthur Boyd Houghton, checklist, Victoria and Albert Museum (London, England, 1975), no. 39
Paul Hogarth, Arthur Boyd Houghton, Gordon Fraser Gallery (London, England, 1981), Appendix I, p. 136, "Select list of works in public collections"
Edgar Peters Bowron, European Paintings Before 1900 in the Fogg Art Museum: A Summary Catalogue including Paintings in the Busch-Reisinger Museum, Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, MA, 1990), p. 111; repr. as no. 58
- Exhibition History
Unidentified Exhibition, Leicester Art Galleries, 1937, Leicester Galleries, London, 01/01/1937 - 12/31/1937
For Students of Art and Lovers of Beauty: Highlights from the Collection of Grenville L. Winthrop, Harvard University Art Museums, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 04/16/2004
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com