- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on panel
- 26.4 x 40.6 cm (10 3/8 x 16 in.)
framed: 49.2 x 62.9 x 3.8 cm (19 3/8 x 24 3/4 x 1 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: u.r.: Childe Hassam, Signed Date: 11/01/28
- label: on back: Title: Still Life, Fruit/Artist: Childe Hassam/Price: $1800; old newspaper is affixed to the back.
- Grenville L. Winthrop, New York, NY; his bequest to the Fogg Art Museum, 1943.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Dorothy W. Gillerman, ed., Grenville L. Winthrop: Retrospective for a Collector, exh. cat., Fogg Art Museum (Cambridge, 1969), p. 238
- Exhibition History
Painted in Boston, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 07/02/1980 - 08/26/1980
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com