- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Tempera on panel covered with silver gilt with seed pearls and rhinestones
- 30.48 x 26.99 x 3.81 cm (12 x 10 5/8 x 1 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
manufacturer's mark: stamped: 1780 over C dot b - Stepan Belkin 1778 - 1788
#2091 from Postnikova-Losseva, M.M., Platonova, N.G., Ulianova, B.L. "L'Orfèverie et la Bijouterie au XV-XX ss." Moscow: Edition "NAUKA" , 1983
manufacturer's mark: stamped: A dot O over B in trefoil stamp - assayer's mark 1777-1789
#2135 from Postnikova-Losseva, M.M., Platonova, N.G., Ulianova, B.L. "L'Orfèverie et la Bijouterie au XV-XX ss." Moscow: Edition "NAUKA" , 1983
- manufacturer's mark: stamped: 1780 over C dot b - Stepan Belkin 1778 - 1788
- Philip M. Lydig, Purchased in Russia, 1917, Bequest to Fogg Art Museum, 1930.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Philip M. Lydig
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Figures of Madonna and Child completely encased in a frame of silver gilt engraved with raised halos. Madonna wears robe of red and blue tinsel lavishly decorated with pearls and rhinestones.
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com