- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- 28.5 x 19.5 x 10 cm (11 1/4 x 7 11/16 x 3 15/16 in.)
- Lucy Wallace Porter, From her husband?, Bequest to the Fogg Art Museum, 1962. It is unclear if Mrs. Porter acquired this herself; it is likely that it was part of the collection of her husband, Arthur Kingsley Porter.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Lucy Wallace Porter
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Linda Seidel, "Romanesque Sculpture in American Collections. X: The Fogg Art Museum. II: The Rhône Valley, Provence, Languedoc, Western and Northern France", GESTA (1972), vol. XI, no. 2, p. 81, cat. no. 20, repr. b/w fig. 42
Walter Cahn and Linda Seidel, Romanesque Sculpture in American Collections, volume 1: New England Museums, Burt Franklin & Co., Inc. (New York, NY, 1979), no. 38, fig. 195
Christine Smith, ed., Before and After the End of Time: Architecture and the Year 1000, exh. cat., George Braziller (New York, NY, 2000), p. 52
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org