- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Oskar Schlemmer, German (Stuttgart, Germany 1888 - 1943 Baden-Baden, Germany)
- Figure H2, from the portfolio "New European Graphics, Portfolio I: Masters of the State Bauhaus in Weimar"
- Other Titles
Series/Book Title: Bauhaus Mappe I
Original Language Title: Figur H2, aus Bauhaus Mappe "Neue Europäische Graphik, Erste Mappe: Meister d. Staatlichen Bauhauses in Weimar"
- Work Type
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Lithograph printed in black ink on pink wove paper
- sheet: 49 x 34 cm (19 5/16 x 13 3/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: in graphite at l.r.: OskSchlemmer
- blind stamp: l.l.: Bauhaus portfolio blindstamp?
- blind stamp: l.l.: Staatliches Bauhaus Weimar
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- AP VIII/XX
- Standard Reference Number
- Wingler I/11
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Busch-Reisinger Museum, Gift of Julia Feininger
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Charles Werner Haxthausen, The Busch-Reisinger Museum, Harvard University, Abbeville Press (New York, NY, 1980), p. 188, repr.
- Exhibition History
German Art of the Twenties, Busch-Reisinger Museum, Cambridge, 02/26/1981 - 04/11/1981
Art of the Weimar Era, Busch-Reisinger Museum, Cambridge, 04/05/1982 - 05/22/1982
Bauhaus Art and Design, Busch-Reisinger Museum, Cambridge, 06/07/1982 - 10/30/1982
A Tribute to Walter Gropius, Busch-Reisinger Museum, Cambridge, 05/16/1983 - 07/01/1983
The Graphic Legacy of Paul Klee, Blum Art Institute, New York, 10/24/1983 - 12/27/1983
- Subjects and Contexts
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com