- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink on cream antique laid paper
- 35.1 x 22.7 cm (13 13/16 x 8 15/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: lower left, brown ink, monogram: WE [Lugt 2617]
- inscription: mount, lower right, graphite: 1354
- inscription: verso of old mat, graphite: Girolamo Muziano / Collections / Sir Thomas Lawrence / W. Esdaile /Benoni White / Wm Russell / A.P Oppé
- blind stamp: lower left: TL [Lugt 2445]
- blind stamp: lower left: W [Lugt 2592]
- blind stamp: lower left: WR [Lugt 2648]
- Thomas Lawrence, London (L. 2445).
WIlliam Esdaile, London (L. 2617).
William Russell, London (L. 2648).
Benoni White, London (L. 2592).
A. P. Oppé. The source for this is an inscription on the back of the old mat (see Marks field).
Bernice Davidson, New York, NY, Gift to HUAM, 1998.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Bernice Davidson
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Tobias Benjamin Nickel, "Die Landschaftszeichnungen von Domenico Campagnola (1500-1564)" (2017), cat. no. 68, pp. 127-128
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com