- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Graphite on cream wove paper
- 22.8 x 30.1 cm (9 x 11 7/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: graphite, l.r.: R. Smithson 71
- label: removed from backing, now in curatorial file, paper, printed and handwritten: Lot no. 7390; piece no. 12
- label: removed from backing, now in curatorial file, paper, typed and stamped: cat. LM86
- label: removed from backing, now in curatorial file, paper, printed: no. 1652
- inscription: upper edge, graphite, in artist's hand: Pond surrounded by Mounds (concrete)
- [Susan Caldwell Gallery, New York, New York], sold; to Werner H. Kramarsky, New York, New York, gift; to the Harvard University Art Museums, 1998.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Sarah-Ann and Werner H. Kramarsky
- © Robert Smithson / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
James Cuno and Lisa Andersen, Minimalism and Post-Minimalism: Drawing Distinctions, exh. cat., Hood Museum of Art (Hanover, NH, 1990), cat. no. 15, pp. 46-47, repr.
James Cuno, ed., Harvard University Art Museums Annual Report, 1998-99, Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, 2000), p. 27, repr.
Amy Eshoo, ed., 560 Broadway: A New York Drawing Collection at Work, 1991-2006, Fifth Floor Foundation and Yale University Press (U.S.) (New York, 2008), p. 156
- Exhibition History
Minimalism and Post-Minimalism: Drawing Distinctions, Hood Museum of Art, Hanover, 10/27/1990 - 12/16/1990
Collecting Drawings, Not Artists: Gifts from the Collection of Sarah-Ann and Werner H. Kramarsky, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, 05/01/2000 - 08/27/2000
Nominally Figured: Recent Acquisitions in Contemporary Art, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, 06/08/2006 - 02/25/2007
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com