- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Augustus, Roman (r. 27 BCE - 14 CE)
Cn. Piso Cn.f.
- As of Augustus, Rome
- Work Type
- 15 BCE
- Creation Place: Ancient & Byzantine World, Europe, Rome (Latium)
- Roman Imperial period, Early
- Roman Imperial
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- 10.7 g
- Die Axis
- Inscriptions and Marks
inscription: obverse: CAESAR AVG[VSTVS TR]IBVNIC POTEST
r. down, l. up
inscription: reverse: SC large in centre
CN PISO CN F III VIR A A A F F starting high l.
- Obverse Inscription: CAESAR AVGVSTVS TRIBVNIC POTEST
- Reverse Inscription: S C; around, CN PISO CN F IIIVIR AAAFF
- inscription: obverse: CAESAR AVG[VSTVS TR]IBVNIC POTEST
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- RIC I 2, 382 p. 70; BMC 137-138
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Unspecified Collection
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Asian and Mediterranean Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Obv.: Bare head of Augustus r.; around, CAESAR AVG[VGST]VS [T]RIBVNIC POTEST.
Rev.: S C; around, CN PISO CN F IIIVIR AAAFF.
This record was created from historic documentation and may not have been reviewed by a curator; it may be inaccurate or incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Asian and Mediterranean Art at firstname.lastname@example.org