- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Angela S. Lorenz, American (born 1965 -)
- City Wall with reinforced dirt
- Other Titles
- Series/Book Title: Artificial Hills
- Work Type
- album page, photograph
- Creation Place: Europe, Italy, Emilia, Bologna
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Gelatin silver print, toned, mounted to board with letterpress
- Gelatin silver print
- image: 9.1 x 14 cm (3 9/16 x 5 1/2 in.)
mount: 14 x 18.5 x 1.7 cm (5 1/2 x 7 5/16 x 11/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: signed, dated and numbered
inscription: recto of the mount, lower left, black ink, letterpress: 2. City Wall - 14th c.
With reinforced dirt - 16th -18th c.
inscription: recto of the mount, lower right, black ink, letterpress: Transported dirt, packed and mounded,
Absorbed the shock when cannons sounded.
- Angela S. Lorenz, Manchester, Massachusetts, sold to the Harvard University Art Museums, 1999.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Davis Pratt Fund
- © Angela S. Lorenz
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- in artist book with twelve panels (with text) bound with bookbinding cloth strips in a panorama format; corners of eachpanel are rounded; presented in red cardstock box with gold lettering, with die-cut to show the first panel (case signed by artist in graphite)
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com