- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Charcoal on off-white modern laid paper, cut down
- 16.6 x 20.5 cm (6 9/16 x 8 1/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: back of frame, upper left, graphite: 2318 Wickersham
- inscription: back of frame, center, graphite: Stella / "Pittsburgh"
- inscription: back of frame, upper left, black crayon: #512
- inscription: back of frame, right, black crayon: 6 1/4 x 7 3/4
- drawing: verso: charcoal testing marks
- [Wickersham Gallery, New York, New York]. [Rabin & Krueger, Newark, New Jersey]. Richard B. Sisson, New York, New York, before 1965, bequest; to Harvard University Art Museums, 2005.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Richard B. Sisson and through the generosity of Anthony and Celeste Meier
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
William H. Gerdts, Drawings of Joseph Stella from the Collection of Rabin & Krueger, Rabin & Krueger Gallery (Newark, N.J., 1962), no. 78, repr.
Collecting Privately, exh. cat., Bowdoin College Museum of Art (Brunswick, Maine, 1965), cat. no. 27
- Exhibition History
Collecting Privately, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, 07/02/1965 - 09/05/1965
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org