- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink on cream antique laid paper
- 18.7 x 30.4 cm (7 3/8 x 11 15/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- watermark: V / S. (See Churchill 282, lower part of watermark? or countermark?)
- Private Collector, Montreal. Jon Nicolas Streep, New York, sold; to Maida and George Abrams, Boston, 1963; The Maida and George Abrams Collection, 1999.173.
NOTE: Provenance information from George Abrams by recall.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- The Maida and George Abrams Collection, Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Franklin W. Robinson, Selections from the Collection of Dutch Drawings of Maida and George Abrams, exh. cat., Jewett Arts Center (Wellesley, MA, 1969), cat. 57, p. xi, repr.
- Exhibition History
Selections from the Collection of Dutch Drawings of Maida and George Abrams, Hopkins Center Art Galleries, Hanover, 03/27/1969 - 04/28/1969; Wellesley College Museum of Art, Wellesley, 05/04/1969 - 06/04/1969; Rhode Island School of Design Museum, Providence, 09/17/1969 - 10/12/1969; University of Connecticut Museum of Art, Storrs, 10/18/1969 - 11/16/1969
- Subjects and Contexts
Dutch, Flemish, & Netherlandish Drawings
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org