- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Black chalk and gray wash, with a framing line in brown ink, on cream antique laid paper
- 10.6 x 19.1 cm (4 3/16 x 7 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- watermark: none
- Gebr. Douwes, Amsterdam, 1964, sold; to F.C. Butôt, sold; [through Sotheby Mak van Waay, 16 November 1993, lot 49], sold; to Maida and George Abrams, Boston; The Maida and George Abrams Collection, 1999.137.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- The Maida and George Abrams Collection, Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Hollandse en vlaamse kunst uit de 17e eeuw : hoogtepunten van minder bekende meesters / schilderijen en tekeningen uit de verzameling F. C. Butot, exh. cat., Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen (Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 1973), p. 78, 79, repr.
Jeroen Giltaij, "Guillam Du Bois als tekenaar", Oud Holland (1977), vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 165, p. 158-159, 165
George S. Keyes and Laurens Bol, Netherlandish paintings and drawings from the collection of F.C. Butot: by little-known and rare masters of the seventeenth century, Sotheby Parke Bernet & Co. and P. Wilson (London, England, 1981), p. 27, cat. 43
- Subjects and Contexts
Dutch, Flemish, & Netherlandish Drawings
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com