- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Lovis Corinth, German (Tapiau, East Prussia [now Gvardeysk, Russia] 1858 - 1925 Zandvoort, The Netherlands)
- Death and the Old Man, from the portfolio "Dance of Death"
- Other Titles
Original Language Title: Tod und Greis, aus "Totentanz"
Series/Book Title: Dance of Death
- Work Type
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Softground etching printed in black ink on cream modern laid paper
- Softground etching
- plate: 23.9 x 17.9 cm (9 7/16 x 7 1/16 in.)
irregular: 36.2 x 25.8 cm (14 1/4 x 10 3/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: in graphite at l.r.: Lovis Corinth
- Hans Georg Schulz, Munich, unknown, sale to BRM, 1993.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Müller 548
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Busch-Reisinger Museum, Purchase in memory of Eda K. Loeb
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- In original mat in portfolio.
- Publication History
Lovis Corinth, 1858-1925: prints, drawings and watercolors from the family collection, exh. cat., National Academy of Design (New York, NY, 1922)
Heinrich Müller, Die späte Graphik von Lovis Corinth, Lichtwarkstiftung (Hamburg, Germany, 1960), cat. no. 548
Christopher B. With, Lovis Corinth: master prints and drawings from the Marcy Family and the National Gallery of Art, exh. cat., National Gallery of Art (Washington, D.C, c. 1993)
Peter-Klaus Schuster, ed., Lovis Corinth, Prestel (Munich, Germany and New York, NY, c. 1996)
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com