- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Graphite on tan wove paper
- 31.7 x 25 cm (12 1/2 x 9 13/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
stamp: verso, bottom right, in an oval, black ink, French: in an oval: VENDOME / * 15 Février 1998* / ATELIER BALZE
outside oval: 111
- inscription: verso, l.r., graphite: 111
- stamp: verso, bottom right, in an oval, black ink, French: in an oval: VENDOME / * 15 Février 1998* / ATELIER BALZE
- Raymond Balze, Paris, 1909.
Balze Family, France, by descent, 1909, Sale, Vendome, Hotel des Ventes, 1998. Sale date: 15 February 1998, lot 111. Title of sale catalogue: "Les Freres Balze," Depuis ses origines, ce fonds d'atelier a été conservé dans la famille Balze
W. M. Brady & Co., Inc., New York, Purchase at sale, 1998, Sale to Jeffrey E. Horvitz, 2000.
Jeffrey E. Horvitz, Beverly Farms, MA, Purchase from W.M. Brady and Co., 2000.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Jeffrey E. Horvitz
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org