- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Edward Burne-Jones, British (Birmingham, England 1833 - 1898 London, England)
- Drapery Study with Leg and Sword; verso: Drapery Study (Torso, waist, and legs)
- Work Type
- sketchbook page, drawing
- 19th century
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Graphite on heavy cream wove paper
- 13.4 x 9.4 cm (5 1/4 x 3 11/16 in.)
- Philip Burne-Jones, by descent from father, Edward Burne-Jones, sold at Sotheby's, London, 1926. Sale date: November 10, 1926
Sotheby's, London, from Philip Burne-Jones, sold at auction, 1926. Sale, November 10, 1926, lot 96.
Miss Gray, sold to Grenville L. Winthrop. Sold through Martin Birnbaum.
Grenville Lindall Winthrop, New York, acquired from Miss Gray, 1928, gift to Fogg, 1943. Acquired through Martin Birnbaum.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com