- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Max Beckmann, German (Leipzig, Germany 1884 - 1950 New York, N.Y., USA)
- Crawling Woman, from the portfolio "Day and Dream"
- Other Titles
Original Language Title: Kriechende Frau, von der Mappe "Day and Dream"
Series/Book Title: Day and Dream
- Work Type
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Lithograph printed in black ink and watercolor on cream wove paper
- image: 36.2 x 29.5 cm (14 1/4 x 11 5/8 in.)
sheet: 40.1 x 30 cm (15 13/16 x 11 13/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: in graphite at l.r.: Beckmann
- inscription: l.l., graphite, in artist's hand: 31/90
- inscription: l.c., graphite (erased), in artist's hand: V
- inscription: verso, l.r., graphite, in artist's hand: V
- Eva-Maria Worthington, Chicago, Ill..
Antonia Paepcke DuBrul, New York, N.Y., by inheritance, 2000. (A. DuBrul and others)
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Hofmaier 361
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Busch-Reisinger Museum, Gift of Antonia Paepcke DuBrul
- © Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York / VG Bild-Kunst, Bonn
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Hofmaier describes paper as "stiff, enameled velin"
- Publication History
James Hofmaier, Max Beckmann. Catalogue raisonné of his Prints: Volume 2: Numbers 180-373, Gallery Kornfeld (Bern, Switzerland, 1990), p. 833 (cf. no. 361)
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org