- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Henry Herschel Hay Cameron, British, English (1869-1911)
George Frederick Watts, British (London, England 1817 - 1904 Limnerslease, Compton, England)
- George Frederic Watts (1817-1904)
- Work Type
- c. 1900
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Albumen silver print
- image: 23.8 x 18.5 cm (9 3/8 x 7 5/16 in.)
mount: 35.5 x 25 cm (14 x 9 13/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: recto of the mount, lower center, blue crayon: G. F. Watts, Artist
inscription: verso, upper center [legible in reverse in raking light], graphite?: G.F. Watts R.A.
from life by H.H. Hay Cameron
[the rest of the inscription is illegible]
- Harvard College Library, Cambridge, Massachusetts, bequest of Evert Jansen Wendell, 1918, placed on deposit at the Fogg Art Museum.
Evert Jansen Wendell, unknown, bequest to the Harvard College Library, 1918.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, On loan from Special Collections, Fine Arts Library, Harvard College Library, Bequest of Evert Jansen Wendell
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Exhibition History
About Face: Artist's Portraits in Photography, Harvard University Art Museums, Fogg Art Museum, 07/19/1997 - 10/12/1997
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org