- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Gouache over black chalk on off-white wove paper
- image: 26.3 x 17.7 cm (10 3/8 x 6 15/16 in.)
sheet: 28 x 19.5 cm (11 x 7 11/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- label: back of frame, paper, printed and typed; inscribed: APG 14378D.51 [inscribed at u.r.: 417]
- inscription: backing, lower left, graphite: RC42754
- inscription: l.c. in black ink: May 20/52
- [Zabriskie Gallery, New York, New York], sold; to the Harvard University Art Museums, 2001.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Charles O. Wood, III and Miriam M. Wood in honor of Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr.
- © Ralston Crawford Estate / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Zabriskie Gallery, Six American Painters and the Photograph, brochure (New York, NY, 2001), repr.
- Exhibition History
Six American Painters and the Photograph, Zabriskie Gallery, New York, 01/30/2001 - 03/17/2001
HAA 10 Survey Course: The Western Tradition, Art Since the Renaissance, Harvard University Art Museums, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 03/08/2008 - 04/06/2008
32Q: 1110 Mid-Century Abstraction II (Post-Painterly Abstraction), Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 04/06/2016 - 10/13/2016
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org