- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 112.4 x 79.4 cm (44 1/4 x 31 1/4 in.)
framed: 123 x 91.2 x 5.7 cm (48 7/16 x 35 7/8 x 2 1/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: u.r.: Cecilia Beaux
- Probably commissioned from the artist by friends of Agnes Irwin, 1908.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard University Portrait Collection, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Gift of friends of Agnes Irwin to Radcliffe College, 1909
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
"Agnes Irwin", Boston Evening Transcript (Boston, MA, December 7, 1914), p. 10, p. 10
Agnes Repplier, Agnes Irwin, a Biography, Doubleday, Doran & Co. (Garden City, NY, 1934), ill.
Dorothy Elia Howells, A Century to Celebrate : Radcliffe College, 1879-1979, Radcliffe College (Cambridge, MA, 1978), p. 25, 30, ill.
Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr., Virginia Anderson, and Kimberly Orcutt, ed., American Paintings at Harvard, Volume Two, Paintings, Drawings, Pastels and Stained Glass by Artists Born 1826-1856, Harvard Art Museums and Yale University Press (U.S.) (Cambridge, MA and New Haven, CT, 2008), p. 38, cat. 4
- Exhibition History
One Hundred and Fourth Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 01/31/1909 - 03/14/1909
Exhibition of Oil Paintings by Miss Cecilia Beaux, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 02/24/1912 - 03/17/1912
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org