- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Linocut printed in green and black on cream imitation Japan paper
- image: 30.5 x 22.8 cm (12 x 9 in.)
sheet: 44.5 x 30.4 cm (17 1/2 x 11 15/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: l.r. margin estate stamp in ink: Charles White
- inscription: lower margin in graphite pencil: "Bessie" 1954 State II 5/5 / All four states in edition of 16.
- stamp: lower right margin, estate stamp, in ink: Charles White
- [Swann Galleries, New York], sold; to the Fogg Art Museum, 2007.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Gedeon Eb6
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of William S. Lieberman, by exchange
- © The Charles White Archives
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Thomas W. Lentz, ed., Harvard University Art Museums Annual Report 2006-7, Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, 2008), p. 26, ill.
Sarah Kelly Oehler and Esther Adler, ed., Charles White: A Retrospective, exh. cat., The Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, New Haven and London, 2018), p. 103, pl. 36, cat. no. 50, ill. (color)
- Exhibition History
Charles White: A Retrospective, The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, 06/08/2018 - 09/03/2018; Museum of Modern Art, New York, New York, 10/07/2018 - 01/13/2019
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org