- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Charcoal, ink, and watercolor on paper
- sight: 29.85 x 46.36 cm (11 3/4 x 18 1/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: black ink, l.l., Feininger; l.r., 31.VII.44
- Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Pulitzer, St. Louis, Missouri, gift; to the Fogg Art Museum, 1953.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Pulitzer, Jr.
- © Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York / VG Bild-Kunst, Bonn
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Charles Scott Chetham, Modern Painting, Drawing & Sculpture: Collected by Louise and Joseph Pulitzer, Jr., Fogg Art Museum (Cambridge, MA, 1958), pp. 208-209, fig. 68, ill. (plate section, b/w)
- Exhibition History
Lyonel Feininger: Recent Paintings, Watercolors, Buchholz Gallery, New York, 01/29/1946 - 02/23/1946
St. Louis Collections, City Art Museum of St. Louis, St. Louis, 09/20/1948 - 10/25/1948
- Subjects and Contexts
This record was created from historic documentation and may not have been reviewed by a curator; it may be inaccurate or incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org