- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Graphite on off-white wove paper
- 10.5 x 13.2 cm (4 1/8 x 5 3/16 in.)
- To the artist's wife Martha Dana Allston at his death, 1843; to the Washington Allston Trust, 1862.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Loan from The Washington Allston Trust
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Edgar P. Richardson, Washington Allston: A Study of the Romantic Artist in America, University of Chicago Press (Chicago, IL, 1948), p. 218, no. 2A and 3A
Kenyon Castle Bolton, III, "The Drawings of Washington Allston: A Catalogue Raisonné" (Ph.D. Diss., Harvard University, 1977), no. 293, reproduced in b/w fig. 642
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com