- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink over graphite on cream antique laid paper
- framed: 71 x 54.2 cm (27 15/16 x 21 5/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Along bottom edge: "LÉE A FAIT DÉPOSER AUX ARCHIVES NATIONALES ENTRE L’ADRESSE À SON PRÉSIDENT ET L’EXPLICATION DES ALLÉGORIES QUE PRÉSENTENT CE MAUSOLÉE COMPOSÉE ET ÉXÉCUTÉE À LA PLUME PAR ROY"
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Washington, Lafayette, Franklin: Portraits, Books, Manuscripts, Prints, Memorabilia, for the Most Part from the Collections of the University, exh. cat., Fogg Art Museum (Cambridge, MA, 1944), p. 31, cat. 67
Louise Todd Ambler, Benjamin Franklin: A Perspective, exh. cat., Fogg Art Museum (Cambridge, MA, 1975), p. 143, no. 88
A New Attribution, Index Magazine, Harvard Art Museums (March 8, 2017), [e-journal], http://magazine.harvardartmuseums.org/article/2017/03/08/new-attribution, accessed March 20, 2017
Ewa Lajer-Burcharth and Elizabeth M. Rudy, ed., Drawing: The Invention of a Modern Medium, exh. cat., Harvard Art Museums (Cambridge, 2017), pp. 176, 285, repr. p. 175 as fig. 2
- Exhibition History
Washington Lafayette Franklin, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 02/22/1944 - 05/28/1944
Benjamin Franklin: A Perspective, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 04/17/1975 - 09/22/1975
This record was created from historic documentation and may not have been reviewed by a curator; it may be inaccurate or incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org