- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Black ink on cream wove paper
- 34.9 x 25.6 cm (13 3/4 x 10 1/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: gray ink, l.l.: Picasso 23
- [Buchholz Gallery, Curt Valentin, New York, New York], sold; to Marian H. Phinney, Cambridge, Massachusetts, bequest; to Fogg Art Museum, 1962.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Marian H. Phinney
- © Estate of Pablo Picasso / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Konrad Oberhuber, European Master Drawings of Six Centuries from the Collection of the Fogg Art Museum, exh. cat., National Museum of Western Art (Tokyo, 1979), cat. no. 100, n.p., pl. 100, repr.
Gary Tinterow, Master Drawings by Picasso, exh. cat., Fogg Art Museum (Cambridge, Mass., 1981), p. 252
- Exhibition History
European Master Drawings of Six Centuries from the Collection of the Fogg Art Museum, National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo, 11/03/1979 - 12/16/1979
The Harvard Society for Contemporary Art, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, 08/29/1992 - 03/07/1993
Fanciful, Melancholy and Tragic: Emotion in the Art of Pablo Picasso, Portland Museum of Art, Portland, 05/29/1999 - 09/06/1999
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org